Thursday, March 4, 2010

I figured out how to get his comment on the front page - I cut and pasted it into a new blog post. Here are the details:

--------------------------------

Market Street Owner said...

I think the other reviews have said it all. I found these poor reviews when I did a Google search to find the Gaffer Districts phone number to complain about recent DPW work. There was a crew working up and down Market Street on Monday 3/1 (or more specifically, in the morning of 3/2) taking down Christmas decorations. There were two guys, one with a pick-up truck and one with a large bucket loader. Both trucks were running the entire time. They would go to one decoration, park the truck, keep it running, move the bucket loader up and down, back the truck up (with the back-up alarm beeping etc). I actually approached the men as they were right outside our bedroom window, and one of the workers nicely replied "would you prefer we fire up the chainsaw and start trimming the trees". Hows that for being treated with respect from a public employee.

I asked them if it was really neccessary to be doing this work at 12:30am, and they said their boss "Brian McCarthy" demanded that it be done that evening, and if I had a problem with it I should call him. I told them that I doubted they would be making this amount of noise in a residential neighborhood, and the worker agreed stating - that is why they send all of their crews at night to Market Street and Bridge Street.

Unlike the other posters I am not a renter, I own a building on Market Street, which makes it more difficult for me to move. Nonetheless, I really dont think the Gaffer District should be promoting second floor living because I just dont think they have created a decent living environment for residents. Over time, I will most likely renovate my apartment into additional commercial space and move to one of the residential neighborhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment